Saturday, February 10, 2007

Indecisions

What is it about being at this point in our lives -- mid-twenties, I guess -- that renders us conflicted with decisions. Switching careers. Migrating abroad. Settling down.

Seems that there are too many crossroads to ponder and choose from. It's more tangible at this age. I am explicitly aware that whatever I decide now, will definitely make a lasting impact long term in my life. And I'm overwhelmed, frankly.

Who, what, where do I want to be?

Is it too pathetic to admit that I haven't figured it out just yet? I have my desires. I don't have a gameplan.

I spend ten to fifteen hours a day, six days a week in front of a computer. Not exactly unhappy, but incapable of finding time to find myself. I've always made that as an excuse. If I had the all the time in the world for discernment, would I finally get it?

Sad thought if I don't. But I need not worry, apparently, since I do not even have the time to blog sensibly - I won't have enough time to get all depressed.

The status quo works out so perfectly.

No comments: