Sunday, December 09, 2007

Easy Sunday

Sundays. Ah, the only day I don't have to think of work. I get to be a daughter, a sister, another member of the household. Most days, it feels like I'm just a boarder in our house. I leave for work early, I get home late.

But not on Sundays. Because I don't have to think of work.

I woke up around 7 am. Which is early, considering I didn't have to work. No work. Gosh, it seems I never get tired of saying that again and again, haha. First thing I did was tinker with my camera and flip through its manual again. Aargh, those guys - they have rubbed off on me! EJ, especially, keeps a keen interest in my progress in photography. He hounds me to share my shots with him. He sternly reminds me to take as many pictures as I can and to always bring my camera everyday.

Anyway, after that, I grabbed a book and read until I dozed off. Not really the book's fault, I still had a lot of cumulative sleep loss to catch up with.

Another thing I like being home is I get to have meals of real food. In a dining table. With plates. Real utensils. My mother's attentive service. No fastfood served on styrofoam containers. Or cramped computer desks as makeshift dining tables. I wish my friends who live far from their families would get to share meals like the ones I have when I'm home.

I also got to play with my guitar today. Finally, I found the time to superglue the small chip on its side. I don't pretend to be a musician. Nosiree. I only know a few chords and I don't even play those few well. The only reason I have a guitar is because back in college, I was inpired to learn how to play it when I found out Jason Mraz started to play only when he was already eighteen years old. I had some money from tutoring Math to a high school kid then, and I spent it all on buying my first instrument. I still want to learn how to learn it, though. But now that my Kuya works somewhere very far, I don't have someone to teach me. Oh, well.

I'm seized with a sudden need to reconnect with old friends. Everyone seems to be so busy moving on to other things so fast. Their own interests, their own lives. I guess there's no point in holding on, either. Sooner or later, everyone parts ways. And whether we admit it or not, sometimes it becomes a task to keep in touch. So it's easier to let go.

Ah, Sundays. The only day I don't have to think of work. Although sometimes it feels like it's easier to think of work than all those other things.

No comments: