Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Sell Me Sleep

Wouldn't it be so great if you could buy sleep?

Think about it. Two hours' worth of sleep at your nearest convenience store. Or if you really pulled out an all-nighter - a full eight hours.

Sleep is something that caffeine can only hope to imitate as a replacement. Nothing beats uninterrupted hours on a comfortable bed, subdued lights, eyes closed, mind drifting off to somewhere where there's no worry or pain. (Or Java Exceptions and unupdated tasklists.)

Oh, I'd be a fan of bottled sleep. Or capsuled sleep - whatever. I'd have them handy all the time. I've been struggling with sleep. You have no idea how hard I have to try to silence my mind just long enough to let rest settle in.

The Sandman is slacking off with me. He'd better shape up. Or else he'd be facing the financial crisis unemployed.

No comments: